Thread: Which router for lift/table

Blog Entries

Which router for lift/table

I just upgraded to a Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II lift/table.. Question is which router to get for it. Looking at the Porter Cable 2 1/4 hp 890. I read a review that said he had to reset the router each time it was cycled on/off which means he had to go under the table to reset it. Is this true?

What is a good router for Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II lift/table.

One time purchase so not toooo worried about cost.

Thanks in advance
    Curt

I have a Bosch 1617 in my Jessum Master Lift II, in my table saw extension, and a PC7518 in my Woodpeckers PRL2 standalone router cabinet.

Both operate from remote switches and I don't have to do any thing special to turn them on or off.

I have a PC890, which I use outside of a table. I'll try unplugging it while running to see if the switch on the PC890 needs to be reset after power is removed.
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 12-16-2019 at 2:36 PM.

I keep a DeWalt 618 in my Jessum Master Lift II. It is 2-1/4 HP, I believe and does fine for me. I mostly use my router table for making window casing material, baseboard bead and stuff that would be better for a shaper. Alas, I own a router.

I would use a 15 amp router in your router table if you are buying one just for this use. I have a 13.3 amp old Ryobi in mine because it's plunge base didn't work sell but the motor did. Smaller routers work better hand held but I think a router table is a great use of the really big ones. You can do good work with smaller routers, I used one of my PC690s to build raised panel doors once but I had to make an additional pass on the panel raising. A bigger motor will get it done a little quicker.

Why NOT go with the tried and true PC7518?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    The specs state that it will take a Milwaukee 5625. I have run one in the table since around 2006. Al it does is work. Variable speed, soft start and plenty of oomph. The Mil 5625 and PC 7518 are the de facto router table routers for a lot of folks.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler