Thread: Fuji T70 Gun With 3M PPS 2.0 - Siphon Hose Connection

Fuji T70 Gun With 3M PPS 2.0 - Siphon Hose Connection

Setting up my Fuji 2904-T70 Mini-Mite 4 PLATINUM - T70 HVLP turbine & 3M PPS 2.0 system for the first time. I’m completely baffled on what to do with the siphon hose. Without it connected air comes out of the gun at the connector, and the cup doesn’t pressurize, but I can’t see any place to connect to the cup end.

I searched the 3M website & You Tube but couldn’t find any reference to reconnect the siphon hose to a bottom feed gun.

I think you mean pressure hose. That hose connects to the hose inlet on the PPS Cup, but you need a H/O style cup to do that. If you didn't buy that cup type then you are hosed. Sorry, couldn't resist.

When you do get the right cup you just need a hose connection between the gun and PPS cup. No check valve required, or wanted.

John

image.jpeg

John is correct. You need the proper h/o cup. #26121 or #26124

There are only two different sizes at the moment , mini and large. Be sure you have the correct liners too use the same size liner as the cup even though a smaller liner may fit a larger cup. You Amy find just the cup difficult to source. Not many places have them and some that do only sell as a pair.

This guy is pretty much the go to source for all things Fuji and many things PPS. I think he's a bit difficult talk to re: specifics between the legacy and the 2.0 system and his website doesn't seem to be accurate - especially the artwork. But he's got the gear and a good reputation.

https://www.hvlpsales.com/PPS.html
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 12-15-2019 at 5:06 PM.

Alternatively, Jeff Jewitt at Homestead Finishing has everything needed to convert a Fuji gun to PPS.

The benefits of the PPS system will be worth whatever additional hassle and $'s are required to make the conversion. Just being able to see how much finish is still in the cup is worth it. No more replacement of cup seals, etc. is an added bonus. Also, with easily cleaned products I clean and reuse both the liners and filter lids many, many times, until the liner gets a tear at the top lip, etc. before disposing of them. The cost for disposables goes way down when you do that.

John
    Last edited by John TenEyck; 12-15-2019 at 5:18 PM.

Thanks for all of the help.