Thread: Biesemeyer Fence Refinishing Question???

Biesemeyer Fence Refinishing Question???

Does the Biesemeyer fence when original have a clearcoat finish on the bare metal strip area where the cam locks up?

I ordered a new measuring tape strip on Amazon-I went with the Komelon strip with adhesive @ $5.97

I am painting my fence along with the M66 PM saw I just bought. It's white now from a crummy rattle can job by the seller.
    The fence itself is in VG shape overall and I've decided to keep the original fence faces, just paint it. The slides are good as is the view line window.
    Color: white or PM gold?

Blog Entries
    The Bies I had was just bare steel where the glide pads & cam locks run. Same with the SawStop clone.

Mine is just like Frank's, bare metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Mine is just like Frank's, bare metal.
    Mine too.....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Mine is bare metal as well.

I've got a set of original Biesemeyer rails, pre-Delta buy out. They are bare steel as well.

Thanks, so does that steel pathway have a clear coat on it or as said above-bare steel for "bite"?

BTW, my Biesemeyer fence has the formica glide pads on it and enough still there to leave them alone for now.

What colors were these seen in on a PM M66? Some gold, some white or what? It will get some sort of paint as the rattle can job is flaking from removal/handling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Tyree View Post
    Thanks, so does that steel pathway have a clear coat on it or as said above-bare steel for "bite"?
    It is bare steel no coating of any kind.......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute