Thread: Festool DF500

Festool DF500

A friend took me to a wholesale place, in my local town, that sells mostly Amazon returns.

Not expecting to find anything of real value, I came across a shelf with several Festool tools, 3 sanders, a Carvex 420 jigsaw and a DF500 Domino.

All looked new and unused but missing a few parts.

I bought the Carvex 420 (msrp $390) for $220.

The DF500 was missing the power cord, plastic 90 support and width arms and no manual. They wanted $540 for it (msrp $1040).

I think you could buy the missing parts for less than $100.

I already have a DF500 otherwise I probably would have bought it.

If someone is interested in this, I'd be happy to help with the logistics of purchasing and shipping this. I personally would make sure the unit works as well.

There is no warranty or return available. .

The place is called Great Buys and the phone number is 615-400-8771.

pm me if you are interested, there's nothing in it for me, just thought someone might be able to get a cool tool for nearly 50% saving.

What kind of sanders were there? I might be interested in those. Nice of you to offer this by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    What kind of sanders were there? I might be interested in those. Nice of you to offer this by the way.
    I'll try and swing by today or tomorrow and make a note of what they have and what condition each one is in. I didn't open the Systainers on the sanders as I already have 3 Festool sanders.

Thanks Chris!

Went back there this morning. They have 5 Festool products left, but 2 had stickers on the box stating that they didn't work.

The other three are shown here in the pictures below. The ETS150 and the DF500 appear to be new, the DTS400 appears to be lightly used.

I did power on all three of the items below. The prices are what he quoted me this morning.

Again there is nothing in it for me, I'm just passing this along, but I'll be happy to help in the logistics of getting these shipped to you.

He dropped his price on the DF500 from $540 to $450 while talking to him.

Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 12-16-2019 at 2:28 PM.

I've got a road trip to Gallatin scheduled for the January. is the store worth a visit during my trip?

That's a tough one, 99% of what he has, I consider mostly junk or of no interest, but then I scored with the Festool Carvex.

There's no warranty or return on any thing he sells, he will give you store credit, but that's it.

I figure with name brands such as Festool, you've always got the support if you need repairs, even if it's at you expense.

My buddy, who turned me onto this place, has equipped his house with (returned) Sonos speakers.

His inventory changes weekly, he claims he gets quite a lot of Festool, Laguna and Jet tools. He has a brand new Jet Xatca table saw, but it's missing the parts that would have come in the second box, such as the fence and fence rails. He wants $1650 for this, but I'm sure that's negotiable.

I bought my domino XL from Amazon marketplace or whatever its called. The bottom right of the systainer is cracked, which is why it was returned. I think i paid $900-1000 for a new XL.

Good deal on the carvex. Very generous of you to offer to buy these for folks if they want them. I keep looking for a deal on a new ETS 150 with the low profile design. Nothing wrong with my older style 150/5. Great sander.

9. Chris,

Is the DF500 still available? I might be interested in that if it is.

You need to call 615-400-8771, this is just a local store in my home town

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Dixon View Post
    I've got a road trip to Gallatin scheduled for the January. is the store worth a visit during my trip?
    Seems like January, after the Christmas return season, might be a good timing. Not sure how the flow works, February might even be better.

That Xacta is a good price--i've already got a good fence!!
    earl