Thread: Clock Parts

Clock Parts

Hi All,
    I'm building a Regulator Clock and for some reason cant find a 11" to 12" +/- dial with Roman numerals. I built a schoolhouse clock some years back and purchased my parts at Klockit or Clockworks. They sell larger and smaller dials, but not the size I'm looking for? Does anyone know of a place online that I can find this size dial? I would very much apricate the help!
    Thanks,
    Charlie

2. Ebay has some clock parts sellers and you could contact them for unlisted parts. Not as much stuff for clocks as there once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Tyree View Post
    Ebay has some clock parts sellers and you could contact them for unlisted parts. Not as much stuff for clocks as there once was.
    Thanks I'll give it a try.

Try Timefixers.com. He has done custom dials in the past. See if he's still doing them.

5. Google clocks and try to find a custom clockmaker like the one that was located in MO on I-70 for many years, now long gone as much USA real wood items.
    FT clockmakers will lead you to the sources as most people appreciate your hobby if there business is similar, unless they're among the few that act poverly protective, some act that way too.

You might be able to find someone with a laser engraver here at The Creek that is willing to make your custom clock face. They are easy to engrave and there are hundreds of drawings available for free online. Post in the Classifieds Forum and ask for help there.

A clock repair guy recently recommended these sellers for clock movements (and I assume they would have clock faces of different types): Black Forest Imports (Greensboro, NC), TimeSavers, and Merritt's Antiques. Good luck!

Have you tried Klockit, an online company which is located in Lake Geneva, WI; selling clock parts for many years (I think since at least the 1970's).

9. May not help with your custom needs but I'll second Klockit. Have ordered several times over the past months and they are fast and package evertyhing well.

Here's a DIY solution... Design your own on your computer. Use whatever type face you like, whatever spacing you like, even whatever color you like. If your printer is big enough, print it yourself. If you need a larger printer, go to a place with a larger format printer. I've used a local Fed Ex office. (They bought the old Kinko's, so they're in that business.) If you use a place like that, you can have them to print to heavy paper, or to glossy paper, or to textured paper. Glue the print to wood using spray-on contact cement like 3M 90. My Home Depot sells it.