Thread: Coming to you...Bullet Resistant Cars from Balsa Wood

Coming to you...Bullet Resistant Cars from Balsa Wood

Interesting article...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/s...=pocket-newtab

They don't say which wood species, but I suppose it could be almost any of them. Make a door with a outer layer of your choice and a core from super wood and you have a BR door.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the link Mark. I have to say though that the first thought that came to mind is "great... another motivation to wipe out the forests.."
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for the link Mark. I have to say though that the first thought that came to mind is "great... another motivation to wipe out the forests.."
    That's what I thought after the last sentences.
    How can enough wood be produced to replace steel and plastics? Maybe a minute dent, but certainly not replacement.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night