Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Phone

I plug mine in every night, though most days I use less than 20% of the battery. It is an iPhone XS Max.

My wife has an iPhone X and she routinely has to charge during the day. She's constantly on hers, either talking to family, Facetiming, or watching videos. I make/receive an average of less than 5 calls a week on mine. Most of what I do is texting her.

Galaxy S8. Generally I charge it every night whether it needs it or not. I use the hotspot at the shop because there is no internet. I can have the hotspot on for 8-9 hours and use the phone occasionally for texting and a couple phone calls a day and at the end of the day (9am-1am) I'm usually at about 30-40% When I go up to my grandsons house for the weekend usually I don't charge it for the whole time until it's time to go home which is a 3+ hour ride home. Battery is so much better than my previous phone which was the S4.

Gotta start every day with a full charge. Some days, I still need a mid-day recharge. Roaming across wireless access points on our hospital campus kills charge. Days I'm not on campus I could get by on 40%, but even then it's easier to have the phone on the pad every night as part of a routine.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Do you charge yours every night or do you let it run down and then charge it?

Just curious. Is it better to do one or the other?
    I charge my phone for an hour before going to office. In office when I am at my desk, I plug my phone in. It's more of a habit than requirement. I like keeping battery > 70% all the time.

With current batteries, you can leave your phone on charging overnight, and even let you phone battery go to 0% without any problems.