Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lesson Learned! Ebay laser. Horror!

Maybe it changed at some point, but I thought the rules specifically stated no eBay links.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Absolute No Returns is not eBay policy if the item is defective or falsely advertised. Plus as someone else noted you have PayPal but do be aware the Chinese venders like to drag things out until the return/refund time is past so act quickly.

BTW Here are the posting Rules copied and pasted. I guess the word intent comes into play if the EBay link was posted as intent to inform or educate not to sell, I am sure no one was going to purchase the item in question:

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.

It has been my understanding that links to eBay are forbidden.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'd still like to know what you got
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, post #11, I posted a pic and brief description of what he got (I had it saved in my history, just posted a pic and not the link)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

thanks Kev didn't know that was it LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

What I got

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    thanks Kev didn't know that was it LOL
    s-l500.jpg
    Here is what I ordered. It's not my first laser. And as a matter of fact I had a similar one years back, but sold it. Got that on off ebay also and had no issues. I even had another laser before that which I got off of ebay, and that was a fine transaction with no issues. I have since sold both of those.

It won't be my main laser as I have a larger one. but wanted a back up. I only do small parts. On my bigger laser I really mainly only use 12" x 12" most of the time.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Wow Clark
    Hy let us know how it all turns out. If you get your money back get paid shipping return
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I googled it and according to Terminex: "A palmetto bug is the same thing as a cockroach. The term “palmetto bug” is used most frequently in the Southeastern United States, particularly in Florida. ... americana (American cockroach), P. brunnea (brown cockroach) and Blaberus craniifer (death's head cockroach)."

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    I googled it and according to Terminex: "A palmetto bug is the same thing as a cockroach. The term “palmetto bug” is used most frequently in the Southeastern United States, particularly in Florida. ... americana (American cockroach), P. brunnea (brown cockroach) and Blaberus craniifer (death's head cockroach)."
    Am I missing something here???.....what do cockroach's have to do with a laser???

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    .....what do cockroach's have to do with a laser???
    Agreed. Laser and sharks? Totally understand. But lasers and bugs? No clue.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

So I contacted eBay. It is the sellers requirement to pay return shipping. If the item is wrong. Or mislabeled with the wrong description. And the company who sold it is indeed paying for pickup. The truck is coming to get the paper cutter. Kind of a big mistake on them for pricing is shipping lasers / paper Cutters that are that heavy it's not a cheap mistake. I will let everyone know how this ends up.