Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lesson Learned! Ebay laser. Horror!

Lesson Learned! Ebay laser. Horror!

So I ordered a laser from Ebay from this guy. If figured he had sold 504 lasers. So he should know what he is doing.

So first they send me a tracking # that says it is delivered. The item says is weighed 22lbs .Then they update me with a new tracking # which seemed correct 212lbs. It is a smaller laser

Well It arrived today. I opened the crate, and I get

this.

So ebay's policy is yes you can return it, but I have to pay for the shipping. fedex wants to charge $900 for shipping. Still looking for a better price.

Well lesson learned guys. Who knows I end up driving the 13 hours. It will still cost, but save me money.

--------------
    I will update you if the seller is responsible. But I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-13-2019 at 8:42 AM. Reason: removed ebay links
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    So I ordered a laser from Ebay from this guy. If figured he had sold 504 lasers. So he should know what he is doing.
    OMG!!! I'm dying laughing here........

Did you happen to see what else your seller sells?
    (Disclaimer - NSFW)

I don't have any advice for you but you gave me a good laugh.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-13-2019 at 8:43 AM.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    OMG!!! I'm dying laughing here........

Did you happen to see what else your seller sells?
    (Disclaimer - NSFW)

I don't have any advice for you but you gave me a good laugh.

Well I'm glad you got a laugh. It's no laughing matter to me. Thanks

Yeah I think I know which one your were laughing at!

Time and time again people have been warned about buying lasers on eBay. The strongest warning was about buying from someone who sells any kind of garbage they can sell - this one is a prime example! They sell whatever they can as long as they can make a profit. They care nothing about the product they sell or the person who buys it, the certainly don't have any knowledge about supporting the purchase. Sorry to say it but you have just become the latest example of exactly why you don't buy from an eBay seller that also sells "automatic sex machine". Let's just say that they seem to have plenty of knowledge about screwing people...

Maybe not a horror

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Time and time again people have been warned about buying lasers on eBay. The strongest warning was about buying from someone who sells any kind of garbage they can sell - this one is a prime example! They sell whatever they can as long as they can make a profit. They care nothing about the product they sell or the person who buys it, the certainly don't have any knowledge about supporting the purchase. Sorry to say it but you have just become the latest example of exactly why you don't buy from an eBay seller that also sells "automatic sex machine". Let's just say that they seem to have plenty of knowledge about screwing people...

The seller has actually admitted it was their fault, and they say they will arrange pickup. They have been pretty responsive so far.

The seller has actually admitted it was their fault, and they say they will arrange pickup. They have been pretty responsive so far.
    I was expecting that you'd receive a promising (hopefully) response from the seller. I ship stuff out 3-4 times a week, and about twice a year I get the wrong stuff in the wrong box, or labels mixed up, which means at least TWO people get wrong stuff. It happens, I pay to have the stuff shipped back, or let them keep (or dispose of) it depending, and send the right stuff out...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Link removed? So a lot of us can not see or understand. I though the only links that are banned are to other Forums.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I'm guessing the box contained an "automatic sex machine" instead of a laser, in which case I can't help but chuckle. Surprised the sender doesn't let you keep it as consolation for the shipping error. Maybe you can turn the innards into an auto feed mechanism for some shop tool?

ebay links are specifically disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Link removed? So a lot of us can not see or understand. I though the only links that are banned are to other Forums.

Surprised the sender doesn't let you keep it as consolation for the shipping error.

Not exactly a sex machine-
    dcm.jpg
    --not exactly a laser engraver either, but at $940, they'll want it back
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Link removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So I did not remove the link? Which is very weird. I hope this was not done on purpose by an admin, as I think it is important that saw mill creek members know what is going on and who did it. If this ends up being a good response by a seller. I want to praise them even if they made a mistake. And of course visa versa?

So I did not remove the link? Which is very weird. I hope this was not done on purpose by an admin, as I think it is important that saw mill creek members know what is going on and who did it. If this ends up being a good response by a seller. I want to praise them even if they made a mistake. And of course visa versa?
    It says near the bottom of your post who removed the link.....

>>So ebay's policy is yes you can return it, but I have to pay for the shipping.<<

If the item shipped is the wrong item, doesn't work or isn't as described, file a formal complaint with ebay and they will make the seller be responsible for return shipping costs even if the seller's ebay ad states you are responsible for return shipping. Been there, experienced that. If you paid with PayPal, they will enforce this too. If you paid with a credit card and filed a dispute, I bet most of them would back you up too.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    >>So ebay's policy is yes you can return it, but I have to pay for the shipping.<<

If the item shipped is the wrong item, doesn't work or isn't as described, file a formal complaint with ebay and they will make the seller be responsible for return shipping costs even if the seller's ebay ad states you are responsible for return shipping. Been there, experienced that. If you paid with PayPal, they will enforce this too. If you paid with a credit card and filed a dispute, I bet most of them would back you up too.
    Absolute No Returns is not eBay policy if the item is defective or falsely advertised. Plus as someone else noted you have PayPal but do be aware the Chinese venders like to drag things out until the return/refund time is past so act quickly.

BTW Here are the posting Rules copied and pasted. I guess the word intent comes into play if the EBay link was posted as intent to inform or educate not to sell, I am sure no one was going to purchase the item in question:

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-13-2019 at 8:19 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10