So... I've got a Delta 50-760 single stage DC, with a 4" SDD + fiber drum tucked in the cart under the motor, running flex hose to the tools that need it one at a time. Not fancy, but it works.

The small fiber drum works well enough, except when I fire up the DW 735 planer. That thing fills it up pretty quick. Once it gets past 3/4 full, I start getting some stuff over into the filter and bag. Cleaning the drum isn't so bad... but I will admit, I'm not a fan of cleaning out that bag. It's the style with a padded ring that flexes into place in a groove on the underside of the housing, beneath the filter.

I'm considering a few options... one, just cutting the bag so it's much, much shorter. Less of it to wrestle with, but still kind of a PITA. The other... I'm probably going to put a Wynn cannister filter on it early next year (been meaning to for a while). Kinda thinking I might plug the top opening like I've seen some others do, put the cannister on the bottom and make some sort of clean-out box to fit underneath the filter.

Is there any particular reason I'd *need* the bag, given that there is a cyclone separator turning it into a 2-stage and catching 99% of the crud in the first place?