Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Outfeed Table

Mine was designed to be lightweight, and portable, so it's made from Birch cabinet plywood, with a grid of aluminum angles screwed to the bottom of it, to keep it flat. The top is Formica. It clamps onto the back angle iron of the saw table with a couple of DeStaco clamps.

For a small table like Chris's, unless you move it a lot you could skip the wheels and just put it on steel or plastic feet and slide it around. Make them screw in adjustable so it can be leveled up. 1/2" carriage bolts would work.

Peel and stick vinyl flooring will work.

I have a tiny 2' x 2' outfeed ramp that is cantilevered off the old back fence rail of my Delta contractor saw. The saw has grown in size from its humble beginnings as a contractor saw with the addition of a unifence, a Delta overhead blade guard and a sliding table. Despite the small size most of my needs are handled with the tiny table and additional roller supports when I am working on something bigger. (I work in a single car garage sized workshop.) I mention my setup in case there are others who are also lacking space for a more elaborate outfeed table. The table itself is a torsion box design for stiffness and weight considerations. The core is just corrugated cardboard and the surfaces are hardboard. The outboard support is plastic PVC pipe cantilevered off my saw's mobile support.

In any case, consider using a torsion box top if stiffness and light weight are important.
    Last edited by Floyd Mah; 12-14-2019 at 11:53 PM.

I have purchased Formica and Wilson Art from these folks: cabinetmakerwarehouse.com
    Last edited by Vince Shriver; 12-15-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: grammar correction

Blog Entries
    High pressure laminate over MDF. It is not huge, but it fits my small basement shop well. It will take a half sheet of ply fine, and an 8' board will stay balanced on the table. Old pics, I have since gone with a SharkGuard and added miter gauge slots and a 5" dust collection hose.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 12-16-2019 at 8:47 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    High pressure laminate over MDF. It is not huge, but it fits my small basement shop well. It will take a half sheet of ply fine, and an 8' board will stay balanced on the table. Old pics, I have since gone with a SharkGuard and added miter gauge slots.
    Nice and simple extension. If I ever have room for a separate assembly table, I may have to do something similar.