Just finished cutting my first full cabinet project with my new slider. What a wonderful, curse free experience. The hardest part was getting the sheets onto the slider, and even that was amazingly easy compared to holding your tongue and trying to rip full sheets with a conventional table saw. I am absolutely in love with this thing. I cut a complete closet organizer in a couple of hours (while overcoming a learning curve, because it was also my first time using the scorer), with four separate custom boxes, six drawers, six spots for organizational bins... a lot of cutting. Ten sheets, total. Something like that used to take me... well... a lot longer. Don't even get me started on the time savings with the edgebander...

Just looking for an opinion from other slider users... when does a sliding table cut turn into a rip fence cut? I know the line gets blurred a lot more, because as long as your slider is accurate, it's nothing to use the sliding table with crosscut stops entirely to make a 2'x3' panel, no rip fence involved...

But a 2'x8'? 2'x6'? How much is too little reference point on the slider crosscut fence for too long a cut? Is there a conventional ratio? Or does everyone have a rule they follow? Or do you just kinda decide as you go?

Thanks,
Will