Thread: Aggazzani 500 bandsaw tires

Aggazzani 500 bandsaw tires

I am member of a Woodworking Guild that has an Agazzanani 500 bandsaw. The lower tire has developed an indentation (groove). Members are talking about crowning the existing tires.
    My question: Has anyone changed the titles on an Agazzanani 500. I own and have changed tires on a JET 18 inch bandsaw and it was not too bad. Also a good source for tires for this machine would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Woodworkerstoolworks

Yes they can be crowned but you might end up takin mg off too much material to get the groove out. Bobby will hook you up with new ones and glue if you need it.

Thank you Matt, I looked at the website and also found some HOW TO crowning videos. What are the thoughts of sinking money into a discontinued saw like this?
    Last edited by kevin nee; 12-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Well, I have a Centauro 600 which I fixed up. Amongst other things I changed and crowned the tired. Centauro likely made Agazzani. So I think it’s worth it. Stout, we’ll made Italian saws.

I also have a Centauro 600 that I changed the tires on. I run them flat, but only run a 1" blade on this saw. My new tires came from SCM. After heating them with a heat gun, they went right on, with no fight. These wheels have a groove in them, and the tires have a rib that fits in the groove, with no glue needed. I don't know if the Aggazzani wheels have that groove, or not.