Thread: LightBurn for Chinese lasers?

LightBurn for Chinese lasers?

I'm still using the standard RD works with corel & photograv.

Are there any major advantages using lightburn? Aside from I wish my version of rdworks would be in inches not metric.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

What version of RDworks do you have

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    I'm still using the standard RD works with corel & photograv.

Are there any major advantages using lightburn? Aside from I wish my version of rdworks would be in inches not metric.

Yes, there are a lot of advantages. The biggest being the fact that's it's being actively developed by a developer that listens to what features the community wants, actually fixes bugs, etc. There have been at least 10 new feature/bug fix releases this year alone to LightBurn. It's become quite the piece of software, and all that I use anymore. I can do a lot of things in it that I used to have to use Corel for. I rarely open CorelDraw anymore unless I need something special. From tracing graphics to auto welding script text, the list goes on and on. 30 day fully functional free trial, so it doesn't cost anything to check it out. Best money I ever spent for my lasers....
    CamFive CFL-CMA 4032K - 100 Watt
    Boss Laser LS-3655 - 100 Watt
    APLazer SN1812 - 40 Watt
    Radian RL-GT3-F30J JPT 30 Watt 3D MOPA Fiber

I'm sure lightburn is a great program, but like Trotec's 'Job Control', it would be totally useless to me. NOT because I consider them useless programs, but due to the nature of my work, and HOW I work... I have 19 machines, 5 are usually sitting idle most days but the other 14 are used regularly. To be efficient, I need as few graphics design programs as possible, which at this time are Corel, Gravostyle and Casmate. Any more software to learn and use would just eat up more time I don't have!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

It is called LaserJet v5 w.05. It looks identical to rework

I asked a while back about Lightburn for my Rabbit they said it was available but maybe someday.

I just checked their website and don't see my controller listed.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 12-21-2019 at 3:32 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I asked a while back about Lightburn for my Rabbit they said it was available but maybe someday.

I just checked their website and don't see my controller listed.
    It's an issue being traced on their feature tracker, but at the moment only has 15 votes for it after almost two years. https://lightburn.fider.io/posts/110...-compatibility

There is a link in there to documentation for the swap from a Leetro controller to a Ruida, which may be your best and fastest option to get better software support on your laser.
    CamFive CFL-CMA 4032K - 100 Watt
    Boss Laser LS-3655 - 100 Watt
    APLazer SN1812 - 40 Watt
    Radian RL-GT3-F30J JPT 30 Watt 3D MOPA Fiber

Thanks guess I might have to look into that. I don't really have a problem with lasercut as I really only use it to make small changes after I import from corel but would like to dump the dongle .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander