Thread: Hitachi Model c12rsh2

Hitachi Model c12rsh2

I want to asked the experts what they thought of the Hitachi Model c12rsh2 sliding miter saw. I have the chance to pick a used one up on craigslist for $340 with the hitachi stand. I do mostly small projects and wanted a quality sliding saw.
    thanks

Hi Paul,

I have the Hitachi C12RSH sliding miter saw (not the “2”), which I purchased to install on my workbench due to it’s feature that it sits close to the wall. The Bosch has a similar feature but cost more. I like the large capacity and find it sufficiently accurate for my needs.

If you only have small projects, a 10” miter might be more accurate but, as I mentioned, I like the capacity of the 12” saw and have not needed more accuracy for my projects.

Tom

I'd pass on that deal unless the stand is important to you. Amazon has that saw for $329 with free shipping. You can always build a stand or bench for it. I'm a little leery of buying used tools with universal motors unless I know they've been loved. BTW, I have the earlier version of that saw and like it a lot.