Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaving

I tried the Braun and the blades didn't last very long. New blades for it were just as much as a new shaver. I brought this up at a trade show with Braun saying that I didn't think they were supposed to be disposable shavers. The big shots didn't like that

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I tried the Braun and the blades didn't last very long. New blades for it were just as much as a new shaver. I brought this up at a trade show with Braun saying that I didn't think they were supposed to be disposable shavers. The big shots didn't like that
    I went through this a couple of years ago with my Braun shaver. I tried to find replacement heads, but only a couple of places had them and they wanted $120 for a set. I waited 4 or 5 months and was able to get them for $40 from several places. This is for the Series 9 shaver.

Blog Entries
    I waited 4 or 5 months and was able to get them for $40 from several places.
    $40 buys me about a 5 year supply of Schick Extreme 3 razors.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I have very good luck with Harry's razors.
    Walmart, Target and Meijer's has them in store now.

I shave 6 days a week and get a month out of a blade cartage. My beard is not thick, more of a 5 o'clock shadow every morning.
    After I rinse out the razor with water I spray the blades with a mist bottle of alcohol.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I use Gillette disposables that I buy from Sam's. I shave 3 or 4 times a week and a razor is good for 3 shaves. The razors are less than a dollar a piece.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

0$ buys me 10 lifetimes supply of razors. I have not shaved or trimmed my face since August 1970 and then because I had to walk my sister down the aisle and she wanted me clean shaven. I first had to shave in 7th grade and by the time I was a senior I had to shave 3 times a day.