Thread: Woodpeck New Drill Press Table

Woodpeck New Drill Press Table

Years ago I built a DP table but it's seen it's day now. Guess I could build another but I see Woodpeckers has complete packages including the table starting at $150.

Anyone have the new Woodpeckers DP table?

Thanks

Yes, I have the Woodpeckers drill press table on my old Delta floor standing drill press.

It functions, has an easy adjustable fence, hold downs and stops.

I drilled holes for four threaded 5/16" inserts, on the under side and use male threaded knobs to hold the Woodpeckers table to the Delta table.

I put a Woodpeckers table on my benchtop Jet DP several years ago. For the most part it worked well. I had to grind off the back right corner a bit to clear the height adjustment handle. The fence that was included had knurled brass nobs to tighten down the fence, and fence stops. Those were a bit of a pain sometimes. Hopefully the new products have a different solution for that. Also, not sure if it is the table or the small metal drill press table supporting it, but over time the table developed a minor tilt to the front that I had to account for when setting up to drill. I would definitely not consider the woodpeckers tables to be a heavy duty solution, but would work for most all tasks.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I purchased the Woodpecker drill press table but ultimately did not like the table design and built my own table and re used their hardware. The problem I ran into is that the fence couldn’t be moved very far back before coming out of the track
    EBC43F55-5059-4F90-A75F-C699DEA5CFA6.jpegFE515201-B7DD-4AB0-AFF0-F5146A230798.jpg

Blog Entries
    I have the older version with a plywood substrate. I agree that the new format would need a little after-market help to meet my needs. Adding additional rails would be easy enough and the basic layout is good.

DP WP Table 001.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    I purchased the Woodpecker drill press table but ultimately did not like the table design and built my own table and re used their hardware. The problem I ran into is that the fence couldn’t be moved very far back before coming out of the track
    EBC43F55-5059-4F90-A75F-C699DEA5CFA6.jpegFE515201-B7DD-4AB0-AFF0-F5146A230798.jpg
    My experience as well. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to modify it

I have the Woodcraft version of the same table on my Nova Voyager and it has held up fine. I made some table inserts out of 1/2" plywood which can rotate for a fresh surface, to reduce tear out on the bottom of a board. I later upgraded to the Woodpeckers drill press fence. Around $80 but worth it.