Thread: Pearl Harbor 78th Anniversary

Pearl Harbor 78th Anniversary

Today, we remember the courage and selflessness of the Americans who defended our country during the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941, 78 years ago.

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

ELMGgZlWkAEpNvP.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-07-2019 at 1:29 PM.

Extremely sad and disheartening that the news media has said little if anything about this historical day in American history.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    It is humbling to go there.
    IMG_2940.jpgIMG_2938.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Extremely sad and disheartening that the news media has said little if anything about this historical day in American history.

NBC nightly news did a section on the 78th anniversary of Pearl Harbor tonight.

My father got a medal because he was in basic training wehn Pearl Harbor was attacked. He was nowhere near Hawaii at the time. everyone in uniform got one. Just like everyone got a ruptured duck medal when they left the service.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Don't worry all is not lost. Netflix just put out a documentary called "Greatest WWII Events in Color". It covers events from Pearl Harbor through to D-Day. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks to be very good.

They wouldn't have produced it if there wasn't any interest in WWII.

I'm a self confessed documentary nerd. For some reason I find documentaries and even movies based on real events to be more exciting than pure fiction. I guess it's the knowledge in the back of my mind that the events I'm watching really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    It is humbling to go there.
    IMG_2940.jpgIMG_2938.jpg

It is humbling and a sacred place. I have been perhaps 6 or 7 times and each time it is different. The first time was in the mid-70s and we did a boat tour of the entire harbor at the time. That time I was a teenager and have tried to take all of my kids to it over the years. I hope to get the last two there in the next few years.

I find it compelling that any survivor that wants to can be interred there, their ashes that is, upon their death. Perhaps it is the most difficult national cemetery to be admitted to.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I was in the Navy as a young man, and Pearl Harbor happened when I was a boy. I absolutely remember Pearl Harbor.
    I had two Uncles that served during that war.