Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy With Tool Offers!!!

Crazy With Tool Offers!!!

My weakness...my Achilles heal...Milwaukee M12 tools...and I've been getting offers on them every time I open the laptop! Over the last 2 weeks, I've already purchased 3 of tools that I've had my eyes on for months. Somebody, please stop me!
    I was a bike mechanic for 8 years and had a chance to use Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee and Dewalt 12v drivers. For me, the Milwaukee line was a perfect match. They fit the hand beautifully, have amazing battery life and power and seem to be engineered to last. Love the battery status indicators. I'm in the process of switching over to the Fuel line, as they are even better than the previous. What's nice is, now I can purchase bare tools.

Staying with a "system" is generally a great thing including sharing of accessories, etc. 'Glad you're finding some deals to feed the need.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Staying with a "system" is generally a great thing including sharing of accessories, etc. 'Glad you're finding some deals to feed the need.
    Need's got nothing to do with it...

Same here. Prob have 12 batteries. Just picked up the rotary tool last week to use for sanding curved items. Liked idea of not having to drag out the Dremel and deal with a cord.

Ya...so far I got the mini bandsaw, rotary tool and Fuel drill/driver. Love the brushless line. Every time I go to HD and see the M12 display, it's like...which one's next! It's a sickness, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    My weakness...my Achilles heal...Milwaukee M12 tools...and I've been getting offers on them every time I open the laptop! Over the last 2 weeks, I've already purchased 3 of tools that I've had my eyes on for months. Somebody, please stop me!
    I was a bike mechanic for 8 years and had a chance to use Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee and Dewalt 12v drivers. For me, the Milwaukee line was a perfect match. They fit the hand beautifully, have amazing battery life and power and seem to be engineered to last. Love the battery status indicators. I'm in the process of switching over to the Fuel line, as they are even better than the previous. What's nice is, now I can purchase bare tools.
    I love Milwaukee tools too. My latest is an 18v grease gun. With three things that need greased every few hours of use and three with a periodic need (not counting road vehicles) it makes the job quicker, especially with the Lock N Lube nozzle.

grease_gun_comp.jpg

I like Hitachi too - the batteries last forever compared to some (like Dewalt).

JKJ

I went in shopping to replace dead batteries on my Makita 18v and the Milwaukee rep was there. He kept offering me free batteries and tools for each item I bought, on top of the HD sale. No brainer and use the M12 system for everything but tracksaw and blower.

016AB20E-7754-4B42-AD6A-D118406A3B9E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I love Milwaukee tools too. My latest is an 18v grease gun. With three things that need greased every few hours of use and three with a periodic need (not counting road vehicles) it makes the job quicker, especially with the Lock N Lube nozzle.

grease_gun_comp.jpg

I like Hitachi too - the batteries last forever compared to some (like Dewalt).

JKJ
    nice. Does it leak? Every manual gun I’ve tried leaks melted/liquified grease all over the place over time.

Must be a contagious illness. Gotta keep an eye peeled for that Milwaukee rep!

There is only 1 way to solve this problem Derek, eventually you will realize it isn't a good deal. So for every tool you buy, you need to buy another and send it east, PM me for my address.

I've been hearing a lot about this Feul lineup. I'm this close to making the switch from Dewalt.

I love the M12's and when I have the cash, the M12 Fuel lineup is great. I have two Fuel hammer drills. Today I bought a (non fuel) Hackzall with battery and charger for $100. (Fuel version was $179 and I didnt have the extra.)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

My hackzall is the non-fuel version too. I wish it were the brushless fuel version but like you this was cheaper. It’s also smaller. But I’ve almost burned it up a time or two during heavy use. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    My hackzall is the non-fuel version too. I wish it were the brushless fuel version but like you this was cheaper. It’s also smaller. But I’ve almost burned it up a time or two during heavy use. Lol.
    Yeah, I wanted the Fuel but couldnt convince myself to spend 80% more for my my kind of occasional use. Just couldnt get there. Probably because I've got a real Sawzall for the hard jobs - the tailed kind that weigh a ton and take 2 hands to hold. That beast has literally cut down a tree. (It cuts through bricks, too - DAMHIKT. )
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 12-07-2019 at 4:08 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    nice. Does it leak? Every manual gun I’ve tried leaks melted/liquified grease all over the place over time.
    No leaks anywhere. In fact I have this one, two pneumatic guns, and maybe a half-dozen manual grease guns and I can't remember any of them leaking. Do you mean leaking just when sitting unused? Maybe it's the type of grease you use. On my heavy equipment I mostly use the blue Kubota and black Schaffer 238 #2 grease which is very thick. Or could your guns get too hot in your climate? I keep mine inside the air-conditioned shop in the summer.

JKJ