Thread: Cutter Head for cabinet door (Rail, STile & Raised panel)

Cutter Head for cabinet door (Rail, STile & Raised panel)

I am looking to by a cutter head for my shaper (1 1/4" spindle bore) and I see the company "INFINITY" they have a 4 piece to make the cabinet door.
    I would like to know if somebody have that type of cutter from Infiity ad what they tink about it.
    I also looking with Freud (UP261 & UP210) but they are very expensive.
    Thank-you
    Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

I cannot comment on the specific cutters you ask about, but Infinity has been around for a long time and provides quality tooling.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Check out FREEBORN cutters . Not cheap but very high quality

I've found a lot of Freeborn brazed sets on ebay or CL for about half price. Lots of hobby guys buy a shaper or combo machine and use the shaper a couple of times. A carbide Freeborn set can run hundreds of doors before sharpening. They are six piece sets so the tongue is also trimmed and you can also get different size trim cutters to allow for longer tongue and groove which is nice. They generally run a 4" diameter. Larger diameter is better so 4" is as small as I want to go. I also like a raised panel cutter that is large enough for the profile to show 1.5" or so when in the frame. That takes a cutter with about 7" in diameter. If you do a lot of doors, insert cutters are nice, but I've found as a hobby guy a few Freeborn sets found cheap, have run hundreds of panels or doors over the past 20 years. Dave

Yup.... what David said mirrors my thoughts exactly.

good luck,
    JeffD

Thank you all of you.
    I will take a look for freeborn Tools
    Gu