Thread: Some awesome old iron....

I guess everything is big in Texas.

yes - awesome
    jerry
    jerry

Awesome, I am looking at a Newton edge sander just like that, can seem to pull the trigger... Actually I think it's his bigger brother, has an 8x77 belt

Erik Loza;2971318]Recent trip around Central TX5B905E88-4CE9-461E-9F88-22D5A358B6CE.jpgB4CA3698-8C90-4D49-8D38-8868824A047A.jpg6B30877D-E4AB-45B6-956B-61F605874E9D.jpgAAEBA8B2-14A5-4B46-AC3C-CABADE757628.jpg1989DB01-B80B-4285-B8E5-677D2219B1D4.jpg4404D4AF-1591-47AA-B345-B0D6C859DA59.jpg[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 12-05-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Cool machines. What is the thing next to the SLR? I keep looking at it, and i dont even have a guess. Ancient moulder, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    Awesome, I am looking at a Newton edge sander just like that, can seem to pull the trigger... Actually I think it's his bigger brother, has an 8x77 belt
    The gentleman there told me that machine was actually made locally. I didn't get to run it but was able to turn it on. Worked perfectly! They don't make them like that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    Cool machines. What is the thing next to the SLR? I keep looking at it, and i dont even have a guess. Ancient moulder, perhaps?
    Yeah, a giant moulder. He said the guys were terrified of that thing back in the day. It would send a piece of knife flying randomly at times.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Shop closing? Place looks pretty empty, except those machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    You haven’t bought that yet, and nobody else has yet?! This is the third one I’ve seen in the last few months that’s been too far away for me to get my hands on. The search goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Shop closing? Place looks pretty empty, except those machines.
    Not pictured was a somewhat recent Brandt edgebander and three-head Butfering sander. I think that old iron was his late father's and just was hanging onto it for sentimental reasons.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I know, gona regret not getting it just have so much to deal with right now - he has actually lowered it to the price I offered and he rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    You haven’t bought that yet, and nobody else has yet?! This is the third one I’ve seen in the last few months that’s been too far away for me to get my hands on. The search goes on.

Nice 261 Oliver planer, looks like a later hermance or American moulder (ball bearing) the mattison 202 was the best looking (probably the best built) SLR. Wysong mortiser and the ever hard to find E-18 sander, made in Temple texas I think?

Correct on the E-18...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Nice 261 Oliver planer, looks like a later hermance or American moulder (ball bearing) the mattison 202 was the best looking (probably the best built) SLR. Wysong mortiser and the ever hard to find E-18 sander, made in Temple texas I think?

The shop the E18 was in was indeed in Temple, TX. The gentleman (not original owner) told me it actually was built in the building he now occupies. That building apparently was the Newton plant, then subsequently a Sears distribution center until the recession of the 80's. Now, leased out by this or that cabinetry shop operation. The stories you hear from these guys are equally as fascinating as the iron.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

well now I gotta buy the E-18 bigger brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    The shop the E18 was in was indeed in Temple, TX. The gentleman (not original owner) told me it actually was built in the building he now occupies. That building apparently was the Newton plant, then subsequently a Sears distribution center until the recession of the 80's. Now, leased out by this or that cabinetry shop operation. The stories you hear from these guys are equally as fascinating as the iron.

Erik