I recieved my second Wadkin JET tenoner this week. I have already stripped down the first one last year, and plan on stripping this one down in the near future. This will probable be a long drawn out thread, as i have just started rebuilding another Maka mortiser for a customer and have to get that finished first.

The ones in the brochure are shorter versions with a small dust collector around the cutterhead, and no cut off saw.
The ones that i have are larger models that have a cutoff saw and are therefore longer. plus they have a huge sheet metal cover, making them look huge.
Wadkin very very creative and innovative at this time, they made a lot of well thought out innovative machines, they were not super heavy duty but built well enough to handle the intended jobs and be reasonable priced.

The machine was designed for making window sash.
This machine has three adjustable tables for mounting your stock, one shaper that handles a stack of cutters. the shaper travels past the three tables, cutting different tenons in each of the three pieces in one pass

Jet1.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_1.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_2.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_3.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_4.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_5.jpgWadkin JET Tenoner_Page_6.jpg