Thread: How long has your china laser engraver power supply lasted?

How long has your china laser engraver power supply lasted?

I have gone through a few. First 2 were from the manufacture of my laser. And each lasted about 1 year. Then I purchased a light object generic, and it lasted about 3 more years. I just purchased another power supply from light object. Their in house brand and just installed it. Guess we will see.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

My Triumph 1390 just turned 6 years old. Last year I had to buy a new controller, not because it 'went bad', it worked just fine. The problem was, like I've had a zillion times in the past, the USB connection.

So I couldn't upload jobs from the computer. I COULD upload jobs via the thumb drive port if I wanted, but with the computer port dead, I had no feedback as to the laser's position. The new controller was about $380, and was worth it because it allowed me to SEND the laser head anywhere I wanted, that feature was null in the old controller...

But 6 years with the 1390, 3 years with my first fiber and a year with the other two fibers, no issues with power supplies. Knock on my head
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I have my Rabbit coming on 4 years I think so far so good but the tube is starting to go
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I have 2 rabbit laser they are about 12 years old one still the same power supply, other I got at 4 years old and replaced the power supply last year, it went from the way I was using it.