Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Bed Size verses Power

Hey thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement. We will soon be the proud new owners of a Trotec 360, 80 watt. Our laser has been down and out for about three weeks now. We are very excited and anxious to get started . . . again.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Congratulations! You are going to love it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you Mike! We are still learning it but you are right, LOVE it!
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Listen, but don't take anyones word as Gospel

So in my opinion there is not one specific answer. First do you have room for a bigger laser? 2nd, and in my case 2 lasers which are smaller work better for my situation. Twice as fast!

3rd. One of the reasons I have 2 laser is a just in case. I use both, but what if one goes down. At least I can still process orders while the other is being fixed. Even one day hurts me!

4th. Who do you plan selling to? If you plan on doing large items from the start then of course get a big laser.

5th. Every product I do right now fits in my smaller lasers. (27" x 18"). Until I find a need for a larger laser I would not use the extra space anyways. I am busy enough with what I am doing. If you find a need for a laser laser I may get one.

So you see every situation is different. But of course you don't always know what you will need until you need it.

Do a lot of research.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt