Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritating Black Friday Special...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Have you tried walking into the store and asking for it?
    Online only, special buy.

I didnt go thru with the purchase but it seemed like it was willing to ship to Glendale CA, 91201.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    I didnt go thru with the purchase but it seemed like it was willing to ship to Glendale CA, 91201.
    Ya..takes you all the way to nearly the end, then it cuts you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Yes...I did call CS and they couldn't give me an exact explanation. They even tried to send it to a store near me and couldn't do it.
    OK, evidence they're all screwed up. (Like we needed more.)

I notice the difference in expectations. Here HD being HD, oh well. In a couple other threads angst because LV's servers got backed up at the start of Cyber-Monday (and they didn't make enough 2nds to go around. )

This probably belongs in the meme thread, but fits HD's service model:

Disservice.jpg

What irritates me is, HD is big enough to ask Milwaukee to come up with a deal on that tool that could be offered to all states, instead of accepting one that excludes 5 or 6 states. That tool and those batteries are sold together in other packages that HD offers, so what the what? All they're doing is pissing off lots of loyal customers.

That’s really weird. I live in San Francisco and ordered one of their special buys (corded tool) last week on a free ship to store basis. No problems. Can’t imagine why but I wonder if it has something to do with the battery.

From the last "can't ship to your state" with HD...I'm thinking something about the charger or the bag doesn't pass some restriction. Could be an older charger or maybe something about the bag production that conflicts. At any rate, I can't believe that HD couldn't ask Milwaukee to drop the offending item in the package, so that it could be shipped to all states. Shoot...it would be a deal with just tool and battery!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    That’s really weird. I live in San Francisco and ordered one of their special buys (corded tool) last week on a free ship to store basis. No problems. Can’t imagine why but I wonder if it has something to do with the battery.
    Every special buy is different, as it contains different products that may or may not be effected by state restrictions.

I would reach out to these guys and see if they will match the price, find out if they will ship to you, or why it can't be sent to CA.

https://www.toolnut.com/milwaukee-to...-band-saw.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    I would reach out to these guys and see if they will match the price, find out if they will ship to you, or why it can't be sent to CA.

https://www.toolnut.com/milwaukee-to...-band-saw.html
    Ha, ha...just saw that deal. I might jump on it. The price is $149 - $25, so that's not bad. I already have plenty of batteries and a couple of chargers.

Tool Nut is a good vendor...I've always been happy with them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It may have to do with them no longer making anything in the USA. Probably sold some exclusive dealer territory by state or county.
    Bill D.

Probably "Contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer".

Cool little saw, now I want one...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Probably "Contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer".
    ...or was once reported to have been shipped through the same zip code as a lead fishing sinker. (gasp)

Those portabands are great tools. I don't have a cordless one, but I use my corded one all the time for metal fabrication. One of my most-used tools for that...

Sounds to me like the real problem is that the State legislatures in the Exception States are creating rules that limit consumer choice rather than a problem with HD. California is famous for doing that.