Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irritating Black Friday Special...

It could be Milwaukee produced a model, and gave special pricing to HD. Then made it unavailable to a Milwaukee dealer structure in some states. Their trying to avoid rebellion amoung their dealers or bowing to pressure from HD. If they have dealers.
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Have you tried walking into the store and asking for it?
    Online offer only and not carried in store.

Maybe that saw is known to cause cancer in California. All kidding aside pretty much every state has stupid laws on the books that prevent something like this to be sold. It could be as stupid as the wrong thread was used to sew the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Sounds to me like the real problem is that the State legislatures in the Exception States are creating rules that limit consumer choice rather than a problem with HD. California is famous for doing that.
    Can't help thinking that HD buyers could work with Milwaukee to work deals that are available to everyone and still adhere to those rules. After all, isn't that what HD is in business to do?

Not sure if you're still in the market for the item, but if you are, try sending an email to HD and explain your frustration. You might be pleasantly surprised at the response.

I say this having emailed HD in the past and getting a prompt call back from someone in Atlanta with the authority to accommodate my request.
    If you do so, please report back on what happens.

It may well be that Milwaukee has a contract with another distributor in CA that precludes allowing HD from making internet sales to customers in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    It may well be that Milwaukee has a contract with another distributor in CA that precludes allowing HD from making internet sales to customers in your state.

I'd seriously doubt that.

HD has got to be Milwaukee's biggest customer / distributor by a wide margin. When the parent (TTI) is factored in with the Ridgid, Ryobi and Empire brands the Depot carries - it's a whale of a customer. Perhaps Amazon has similar volume across all sellers and avenues. Even if they do, they're don't have the same stick the Depot buyers do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    I'd seriously doubt that.

HD has got to be Milwaukee's biggest customer / distributor by a wide margin. When the parent (TTI) is factored in with the Ridgid, Ryobi and Empire brands the Depot carries - it's a whale of a customer. Perhaps Amazon has similar volume across all sellers and avenues. Even if they do, they're don't have the same stick the Depot buyers do.
    You bring up a good point, but I wonder just what market share of Milwaukee sales HD holds. Maybe the biggest single customer, but I very much doubt that the sell even a quarter. Around here, most any tool vendor has a large Milwaukee section in their store. Lowes is about the only major outlet that doesn't carry Milwaukee.