Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder: 12/2 is Cyber Monday at Lee Valley

Not working for me Trying to place order, the Shipping Option in checkout of all things is saying "Service not available, please try again later"

Can't check out... I'd blame the new website, but I'm pretty sure we crashed the old the last couple years too.

Steven, go back and refresh.
    I also had a bit of trouble, went back & input my CC info, it checked me out.
    Got a #7 Jointer and 250.00 card. That's enough. Would have likes to see some chisels, but, ,,,,,
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Wont let me checkout either. Keep getting "service not available, please try later." When I log back in or refresh, it says "your cart has generated an error message" followed by "message". It's probably karma for me posting this reminder, eh guys? Glad the only thing I wanted was a $40 mini-block plane this year. Edit: Ah, and it just went outta stock.

Good luck to the rest of you folks!

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 12-02-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Website really bogged down. Wont let me checkout. Keep getting "service not available, please try later." Glad the only thing I wanted was small this year. Good luck to the rest of you folks!

Betcha Rob has his entire IT staff at work tonite. Heckova shakedown cruise for the new system.

Fred
    We're watching real-time....

Servers slowed at midnite, as they warmed with new content.... but are running at 1600% of "normal" with sub 3 second response.

Seems to be handling traffic well - despite the issues noted above.

The only suggestion I can make is to retry.....

It could be that being active while the site enabled new content may have caused problems..... but that's just a guess....

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have tried several times now and the shipping option keeps timing out. I have forwarded a screen shot to customer service.

Thanks
    Jim

Blog Entries
    B71E77F4-6004-4CE1-B21F-F12159B400CB.png

This is my current error. Posting only so Rob can see.

Bugger, I'm still unable to proceed to CC information. Checkout is grey'd out as an option.

No joy. Couldn't get past the shipping screen, now the shooting plane is out of stock. Oh well.

Same dilemma here. Despite lots of refreshes, can't get to checkout and payment. The entire process is very very slow, but even after several minutes, an error message pops up and further checkout is not possible. I gave up after receiving the same error message Malcolm has posted.

On the bright side, the big discount GC is 15%, which puts it within a stone's throw of the seconds discount (within $10-20 for most planes). I might just call it a night and snag one of those tomorrow.

I have been trying to check out for 45 minutes now. The shipping will not load for me. I’m about to give up I have to be up in 3 hours. Hope everyone fairs better.

Took 13 minutes (no refresh) on my end to check out; everything I ordered except the gift card is now out of stock.

Hi Michael -

Did you miss anything? I show you checked out with 5 items.... and they all still have stock...

At this time - more than 100 large shoulder planes still there....!

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulatowicz View Post
    Took 13 minutes (no refresh) on my end to check out; everything I ordered except the gift card is now out of stock.

Hang in there folks, mine finally went all the way through without error message. Maybe things are starting to unwind.

It occurs to me LV isn't Amazon and this might be the only day of the year that isn't a good thing!