Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reminder: 12/2 is Cyber Monday at Lee Valley

Thanks David -

Looks like the tennis ball has passed through the snake.....

Vendors and contractors are all on-line, and trying to isolate what went wrong - but things are flowing well again after some server re-boots.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Hang in there folks, mine finally went all the way through without error message. Maybe things are starting to unwind.

It occurs to me LV isn't Amazon and this might be the only day of the year that isn't a good thing!

Blog Entries
    Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob. I was eventually able to check out.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply and for checking in (and for the Cyber Monday sale!). I can’t imagine how you found my order: Bulatowicz is such a common name.

I didn’t mean to imply that I had failed to get the items, though I can see how my post could be read that way especially in the larger context of the thread; I had checked out about 45 minutes or so before posting but continued browsing because my 4 month old was awake anyway. I was just trying to let people know that if they were patient and didn’t try to keep refreshing the page the orders might go through. Odd: the items were all showing “not available” as of midnight Central time but are showing as in stock now, six hours later. I wonder how many people (if any) missed out on something here or there that was temporarily showing as not available. Either way, I’m a happy (if tired) guy.

Big fan of the tools: many thanks to you and the excellent team at Lee Valley and Veritas.

Best regards,
    Michael Bulatowicz

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob.
    +1. Well said Malcolm!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob. I was eventually able to check out.
    I agree! Thanks again Rob.

Agreed, thanks for the communication Rob. Was eventually able to get my order through just past 1:30am, lucky for me none of the items were out of stock yet.

Blog Entries
    I got a $1000 gift card this morning with no snags. There were still several planes available, but I'm not in the market for a plane just now.

I agree, everyone. It's not just Rob being on line, and them busting their backsides for us, but every time I walk int the store, they greet me by name.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Glad I read this thread, I was beating my brains out that night trying to figure out whats goin wrong... took me an hour to check out. Of course, I assumed the obvious, server crashed...
    Anyway, regardless Kudos to Rob for his hands-on approach to running such a large business.