Thread: Opinion? best adhesive for bonding plastic Lazy Susan to epoxied maple cookies?

Opinion? best adhesive for bonding plastic Lazy Susan to epoxied maple cookies?

I made a bunch of spalted maple cookie and then purchased some plastic lazy Susan bases to install them on. Note, the cookies are finished in multiple layers of epoxy and the Lazy Susan are not made to accept fasteners.
    I had planned to use a good double sided tape however the Lazy Susan instructions say to use silicon. I am concerned about adhesion to the epoxy . What would you use to glue the plastic Lazy Susan to the epoxy wood?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You say the lazy susan is not designed to accept fasteners, any reason why you couldn't drill it to accept screws? Clamp or tape the lazy susan so it stays stationary, drill 4 holes thru both halves one drill size larger than the screw shaft diameter and enlarge the 4 holes thru the bottom one drill size larger than the screw head. Then attach the cookie with screws.

Bond it with either 3M 5200 or Gorilla double-sided foam tape.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Silicone will be fine.

thanks to all for the great advise. In the end I went with silicone and lightly sanded the epoxy where the silicone was applied, same with the plastic lazy Susan. Time will tell.

I'm late to the party, but in my experience, nothing bonds most plastics better than "Goop."

That stuff is a miracle.

3M DP100, but it's expensive, and requires a gun. It sticks great to plastics.

I`d go with the 2 sided tape. lots of good carpet tape, foam tape, etc out there thats perfect for this type of thing.

I have installed flat mirrors to drywall with silicone over the years. The only way they come off is by breaking them. Silicone is truly a great adhesive in some situations.