Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocking horse

I did this a few years back in Mesquite. I also carved a horses head for a broomstick horse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gilbert

beautifully done.
    sometimes it's people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines. Alan Turing

Many beautiful horses in this thread built by talented people. I have always been fascinated by the variety of designs people come up with and how many rocking style animals are created. My Dad and I built one mare, five burros, one goat, one bull and the clydesdale horse I have not completed. We made only one hay wagon but I still have the plans for the Conestoga wagon and the oxen team to pull it that I may never get the chance to build.

miss_va.jpg

This is Miss Virginia 2001 and Pepe The Burro at the Guinea Jubilee in Gloucester Virginia. Pepe now belongs to my grand daughter, a birthday gift I gave her a couple of years ago. The trailer we used was setup as a portable photo studio, we used to take pictures of kids at local events. We had four to five animals on the trailer so kids could select the one they wanted and get their picture taken. Their parents could go to our web site that night and download high resolution pictures of their children for free. We did this for several years and kept adding animals so we developed a following from parents bringing their children to get a picture with our newest animal.

Note that we had to remove the rockers because the kids wouldn't sit still for the pictures

My goat William and me in 1998, he belongs to me, lives in my shop office.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-04-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Keith, I love it. Even though you "glossed over" the details. With just a little change in horn design you would have a
    great hat rack ! I'm guessing OSHA over ruled that.

A hat rack for William would be very useful in my office. I will give that some serious thought

Maybe this evening I will be able to find the drawing of the light fixture and the magazine racks and share them. They would most likely help someone who has a rocking animal that is inactive that might find some ideas useful.

I'm also impressed with your efforts to entertain children at those events. They can be a tiring long walk without
    some kind of fun.

Agf00027.jpg
    I can't find a better picture of our trailer setup right now but I know that I have some tucked away somewhere.
    As you can see we also took pictures of children that were still young at heart. Some preferred to sit on the animals and some didn't

Magazine Rack.jpg
    This is the magazine rack for the burro, I haven't found the lamp plans yet. I wish I had better pictures to share but I think you can tell that the rack is basically a saddle bag design.

I just found out that I have more plans than i remembered, I found GranPa's Tractor, a manure spreader, a pig and the camel. There are also a full set of garden knome plans as well. The guy from Wooden Memories was very talented and he had a whole library of plans that I never ordered.

I just realized that every one of the hundreds of children that I took pictures of on my animals are adults today! Geez the time fly's by so fast.

I started a Photo Gallery of rocking animals plus and will add pictures when I can. https://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=936
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2019 at 12:11 PM.