Hello,
Some of you may have been separately following my heartache trying to repair my old grizzly 1023.. I'm still hopeful I can win the battle, but it's not a sure bet... and there are a couple things I wouldn't mind having in a new saw (namely, left tilt, readily available parts for future repairs, better dust collection, riving knife... and I guess way more rip capacity wouldn't hurt)

My neighbor is a really nice guy that we've become friendly with, and his job has a shop where they test various products. Not a production shop, a test shop. They have a 6 year old G0691 that was used to cut ceiling tiles (high end through run of the mill tiles) for quality testing purposes. For insurance reasons they have moved to Sawstop.

Since he runs the lab there, he had the choice to either scrap the machine (gasp!), or hold onto it for his own personal use. Thankfully, he chose the latter. Important to note that he has $0 invested in this saw and gets it as basically a perk of running the lab/saving it from scrap yard.

Anyways, he knows he has a good saw on his hands, but currently has it stored on a pallet rack at his company because he has no room for a shop right now. Someday he may buy a bigger house, so he was thinking of keeping the saw until he learned that I might be in the market. He showed me pics and it's spotless.

He's willing to sell to me, and is going to pull it down from storage (been there for a few months) this week and get an idea for price.

Given these details, what do you think a fair price ought to be for the saw? I want to keep a great neighbor as my friend, so I'm not looking to "totally score", but getting a bit of a deal (since he has paid nothing for the tool) wouldn't hurt.

Thanks!

Bob R.