Thread: Well traveled package

Blog Entries

Well traveled package

I ordered some replacement parts for our Pfister kitchen faucet from Pfister on March 4th. The following is thre tracking information for the package which still has not arrived. Note that it has gotten as far east as Pittsburgh twice so far.

March 5, 2020, 8:05 pm
    Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
    EDGERTON, KS 66021
    Shipping Partner: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS

March 5, 2020, 8:37 pm
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    KANSAS CITY, MO 64120

March 7, 2020, 12:34 pm
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    GROVE CITY, OH 43123

March 7, 2020, 5:16 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15290

March 8, 2020, 12:23 am
    Accepted at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    PITTSBURGH PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 8, 2020, 1:38 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 9, 2020, 7:34 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 9, 2020, 7:57 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 11, 2020, 2:21 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 11, 2020, 8:56 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 12, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility

March 13, 2020, 6:47 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

March 13, 2020, 9:35 am
    Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
    Your item departed our PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on March 13, 2020 at 9:35 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I hoping to actually get my parts tomorrow, unless they decide it needs to go back to Iowa.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-13-2020 at 8:02 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have had packages go in similar fashion.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Currently awaiting a small package, shipped from China using "SpeedPak." Departs China, Sunday Feb 23rd, arrives in New York, Monday Feb 24th, clears customs and is delivered to DC center on Wed Feb 26th. Fowarded to DC in Butner Thursday Feb 27th. Delivered and accepted by local USPS distribution center, Friday Feb 28th. USPS distribution center is only 28 miles form my house, but there hasn't been any sign of my package since the received it on Feb 28th. Two thirds of around the world in 24 hours, and it hasn't made 28 miles in fourteen days. Recently had a package arrive in Raleigh, next day it's in Greensboro, following day, it's back in Raleigh, only to go to Rocky Mount following day. Next day it's back to Raleigh, and then on to Charlotte the following day, then back to Raleigh, and finally out to Apex next day. Only seven days to get a package twenty eight miles, when it only took two days from California to Raleigh the first time..

Lee, I have a Pfister kitchen faucet I bought about 20 years ago that has a lifetime warranty. It has the single lever for hot and cold with the ceramic valve.

Pfister was still honoring the warranty about 6 months ago. My faucet leaks when you run the water only. I tried repairing it by cleaning the o rings but it only stopped leaking for a short while. So I will be contacting them for replacement parts. At no cost I think.

model 834-4lc Box says Pforever Pfaucet Warranty.

Is this your faucet?

I had a package do that. Turns out the shipper had put the wrong zip code on it. So it goes to the wrong place (based on the zip code - first digit wrong) and someone notices that the city and the zip code don't match so they route it to the city. Along the way, someone starts using the zip code again and off it goes again to the wrong place. Eventually the package got to me.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    model 834-4lc Box says Pforever Pfaucet Warranty.

Is this your faucet?
    Mine also has the lifetime warranty, but I don't have the model number, could you post a photo. here's mine.20200314_083905.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-14-2020 at 9:39 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hope you get your parts soon.

Will do Lee. I have to get my camera charged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Mine also has the lifetime warranty, but I don't have the model number, could you post a photo. here's mine.20200314_083905.jpg

I don't know about PF faucets, but Moen puts model # on back side of spout opposite the water spout

DSCN0314.jpgDSCN0313.jpgLee, My faucet is probably a newer one then yours. It has a small button in the handle you remove to access the set screw underneath to loosen and then remove the handle.
    Yours has the cap on top you remove to access the inside top of handle.
    I went to Pfisters web site and looked at all the discontinued faucet models and didn't see your faucet. Nor mine. I bought it in 1994.
    Sorry I couldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I ordered some replacement parts for our Pfister kitchen faucet from Pfister on March 4th. The following is thre tracking information for the package which still has not arrived. Note that it has gotten as far east as Pittsburgh twice so far.

(...much traveling...)

I hoping to actually get my parts tomorrow, unless they decide it needs to go back to Iowa.
    UPS Mail Innovations is the weirdest darn service, whenever somebody ships something to me using that, I just cringe. It should more properly be called "We Ship It Cut-rate And We Don't Care When It Gets There." It's the lowest of the low IMO. Please, nobody use this junk service if you can help it. And try to avoid vendors who do.

Blog Entries
    My parts arrived today. The package looked like it had made the trip at least twice possibly tied to the tailgate. The parts were all there. The new handle fits, but isn't the same as the original and it didn't come with the button to hide the screw. No more leaks and the movement is much smoother and easier now.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

Better late then never Lee..
    It sounds like you got a handle like mine. Did you get a new valve cartridge too?
    My faucet has been leaking for over a year. But it was installed 26 years ago. I will have to contact Pfister. But I think they are a good company that stands behind it's products.
    You could probably use the model number for my faucet in the future. But that is a long time into the future. Happy dishwashing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Better late then never Lee..
    It sounds like you got a handle like mine. Did you get a new valve cartridge too?
    My faucet has been leaking for over a year. But it was installed 26 years ago. I will have to contact Pfister. But I think they are a good company that stands behind it's products.
    You could probably use the model number for my faucet in the future. But that is a long time into the future. Happy dishwashing.
    The main reason for ordering parts was the valve cartridge. The new one works much better and doesn't leak. The parts and shipping were free.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!