Thread: Wind vs Patio Furniture

Wind vs Patio Furniture

We have a glider on our porch that gets flipped over in moderate wind. It was an expensive piece and the porch is in the lee of the house. I've tied the base to the railing so it won't go far but the gliding part goes over. Any suggestions.

How about bolting it down and having something to bind it together during bad weather so that the "glide" part stays put with the base?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

wheel weights/lead shot bags/hurricane clips
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

I had the same problem with 4 aluminum patio chairs and ended up using bungee cords to each other around the heavy glass top table.

Tom, here in Michigan in winter it's easy to find places that sell those tube bags full of sand that people buy for extra weight/traction in their vehicle and they are relatively inexpensive. I would think a couple/three of those 60-70 pound bags would do the trick.

Thanks for the replies. The base stayed in place but the swinging part can swing up out of position and flip over. I had tied it loosely to the porch column, still allowing it to swing but the wind took a mile. Have to work on my sailing skills.

Can't you bind the swing to the base with some ratchet straps so it's fixed in place?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...