Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scooting Sander

I can see how that might work, Mark. The advantages of putting the controllability near the tool are both convenience and also keeping the same general air flow through the hose. Despite the shop vac being more about "suction"/-static pressure, air flow still contributes to the cause. Any air coming out the drain could potentially be direct air into places you don't want it and raise dust levels in the air as a result.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

So that hole is into the dust bin? If so it will raise a huge dust storm in the bin and plug your filter faster.

Actually the best thing for your filter would be to reduce the amount of air it has to handle by choking down the hose somewhere. This will also reduce motor amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I can see how that might work, Mark. The advantages of putting the controllability near the tool are both convenience and also keeping the same general air flow through the hose. Despite the shop vac being more about "suction"/-static pressure, air flow still contributes to the cause. Any air coming out the drain could potentially be direct air into places you don't want it and raise dust levels in the air as a result.
    Definitely an advantage having control near the tool. No air comes out of the drain, it is actually being sucked IN the drain.

Not really recommending it over any better solution- just mentioning I discovered it after cleaning out the vac. When I hooked my RO sander up the suction was reduced so much I thought the vac had finally given up the ghost. Then I noticed I had forgotten to replace the drain cap. Saved me from buying a new vac!
    Last edited by Mark Daily; 12-15-2019 at 12:05 PM.