Thread: Book suggestions

Book suggestions

I put up a similar post on the general forum but got no response so thought I would try it here. Any body have suggestions for books on Greene and Greene or stickler furniture? I have two books by Darrell Peart but am lusting for more reading material. Thanks jared

Greene & Greene Furniture and Related Designs by Randell L Makinson

Greene & Greene Architects in the Residential Style by William & Karen Current

For G&G history and in depth background re. architecture, Greene & Green Developing a California Architecture by Bruce Smith

For general A&C interiors with nice photos, Inside the Bungalow - America's Arts & Crafts Interior by Paul Duchscherer & Douglas Keister
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 11-28-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Jared, here're two that I have:

Greene and Greene Furniture - Poems of Wood and Light by David Mathias, 2010 from Betterway Publishers
    Shop Drawings for Greene and Greene Furniture by Robert W. Lang, 2006 by Fox Chapel Publishing

I may have got one or both of these at the Half Price Bookstore, if you have one of those.

If you put "Greene and Greene" in the title of your post, you might get some more attention from fans of their style.

Not to do with either directly, but since i recently re-read it, check out “Adventures in wood finishing” By George Frank.
    If you haven’t read it , you’ll have a blast.