Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Black Friday deals?

What I really need is more time to spend in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I must have gotten a half dozen "Black Friday" emails from various purveyors of tools this morning. There's nothing I actually want or need, but plenty of offers.
    Same here.
    Maybe I will get some bandsaw blades from Highland they are 10 percent off.

I wanted some more clamps, but somehow ended up buying a Waffle maker. What gives.

Got a 10% anything over $200 from Grizzly. I don't need anything from them though.

Tools Today has a 10% coupon code on their main page.

I missed out on the lathe.

Waffle irons are pretty great though. Try adding some green onions and sesame oil to pancake mix. Serve with some soy sauce and siracha.
    Sounds weird, but is a pretty popular Chinese/Korean snack.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I wanted some more clamps, but somehow ended up buying a Waffle maker. What gives.
    ROFLOL!! Apple got more of my money for requested holiday gifts...no tools on my acquisition list at the moment to interfere with taking care of the Princesses desires.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Woodcraft has the Rikon 70-1218VS midi lathe at $200 off, for $350. The sale was supposed to have been on in-store stock only, but they let me order one at that price.

Blog Entries
    I got some Milwaukee M18 batteries today. 9 AH were $129 and the 5 AH were $74.40, including delivery. And those are Canadian dollars. I keep a close eye on those battery prices & that is just a little over half the street price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    I missed out on the lathe.

Waffle irons are pretty great though. Try adding some green onions and sesame oil to pancake mix. Serve with some soy sauce and siracha.
    Sounds weird, but is a pretty popular Chinese/Korean snack.
    Okay Matt, I'm now slobbering all over my keyboard. That sounds delicious!

I’m off to my local Carbatec (woodwork store) where they are promoting some discounts on machines. I’m after a Nova Voyager drill press. It’s been on my list for some time, to replace a Taiwanese model I purchased new about 25 years ago. While the discount is not that great, it is something. I have a birthday in a month, so am being urged on by my wife. Lucky me!

I noticed that Nova have a new model due in a few weeks, the Viking. This is a bench model and considerably cheaper, which would reduce the guilt somewhat. I obsessed over the specs for both models and eventually convinced myself - again with my wife’s support - that the more costly Voyager is the one to get. Life should be this complicated always

Regards from Perth

Derek

I bought a couple of the Avanti 10" and 12" saw blades, some bits and drivers, and a laser level. Nothing exciting, but then again neither Lowes nor Home Depot was mobbed, and I was in and out with minimum stress and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    I’m off to my local Carbatec (woodwork store) where they are promoting some discounts on machines. I’m after a Nova Voyager drill press. It’s been on my list for some time, to replace a Taiwanese model I purchased new about 25 years ago. While the discount is not that great, it is something. I have a birthday in a month, so am being urged on by my wife. Lucky me!

I noticed that Nova have a new model due in a few weeks, the Viking. This is a bench model and considerably cheaper, which would reduce the guilt somewhat. I obsessed over the specs for both models and eventually convinced myself - again with my wife’s support - that the more costly Voyager is the one to get. Life should be this complicated always
    Where they have exercised economy is going to be the stand, with the head the same, presumably. That's how they seem to have been approaching the issue of "what do we put this on" last year, when I was among the last (happy birthday to me) to get one for the original lower price, and on sale at that. The stand (base, table etc) was the same as the factory stand for a Jet or Grizzly etc, as it turns out.

Just came across this deal for anyone looking for a bandsaw fence.

https://amzn.to/2PanKRR
    Kreg KMS7200 Precision Band Saw Fence

Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    Just came across this deal for anyone looking for a bandsaw fence.

https://amzn.to/2PanKRR
    Kreg KMS7200 Precision Band Saw Fence
    That's a nice fence - I have one. Good price too!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”