Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EZCad dongle not found error

Another issue I remember having on my laptop/win10 is if I had more than two usb cables plugged in to the laptop it would kick the fiber dongle off line.

For example I have a dye sub printer usb cable, wireless mouse usb plug, HDMI to a remote monitor and the fiber usb cable plugged in. It will always drop out the fiber usb and give me a "dog not found" message. If I unplug the usb printer it will find the fiber usb. I can watch it under windows devices as it pops in and out as a usb device.

Also, does your ezcad still boot up under demo mode even though it does not find the dongle? It should still run even with no laser connected to the system under demo mode.

Another quark I have seen is once the "dog is not found" it sometimes requires the computer to do a hard shutdown.

Sequence is turn on laser first (key lock, master switch and then laser switch) and then turn on the laptop.
    These are all random notes from when I first set mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    FYI it could be a bad board or a counterfeit one.
    We have considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by James Minick View Post
    Send me a message with an email address and I'll email to you.

Thanks,

James

Here it is in a dropbox, The first file is an archive containing the rest.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8xfshp2ldi9hbf/AAAl-WDT0RKLgsiswVzU24Rda?dl=0

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, it didn't work either.

At this point I'm assuming it's a board issue. I appreciate everyone's help so much. Thank you.

The company who makes the EzCad board in China can tell you if its a counterfeit board, as they also do the software. You might contact them, its not un-heard of to have one Chinese company attempt to make a copy cat something and try to pass it off as the real deal.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

since you're getting it replaced, probably not a counterfeit board, just my guess-- BAD board is definitely possible.
    If you weren't to the getting-it-replaced stage, I'd advise opening the box and checking the all boards and connectors you find to make sure plugs are seated correctly. 38 years I've been running machines driven by computers, and bad connections, for whatever reasons, are by FAR the usual source of problems I've had. In fact, aside from 2 power supplies, 2 broken wires and a bad stepper driver, bad connections or connectors have been the ONLY OTHER problems I've ever had...

It's okay to open the box, these machines are intended to have upgrades added which requires getting inside, so it won't affect your warranty if you want to check the connections-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Unless he is getting another counterfeit board, this is a eBay machine. I agree also, loose or not connected plugs or connections.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

funny thing, the software for my Triumph says there's a BJJCZ board in the machine, but their name's not on it. Not sure but I'm kinda assuming it IS a BJJCZ that was furnished to Triumph nameless, since the program uses Triumph's logo and not EzCad's or BJJCZ's. May have some Triumph tweaks done to it too..?

Doesn't mean much except that counterfeits WOULD likely have BJ's name on it, like both my ebay machines... So if a board is a knockoff but the machine works okay... ?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

So the problem was with the machine itself. The company sent me a return label, and in the meantime I ordered another (and tried to get a different brand from another seller). The new one worked right out of the crate.

Thanks again to all who tried to help me!