Thread: New EFR ZS-1250 Tube Question

Post New EFR ZS-1250 Tube Question

Hi All,

I have just purchased a new EFR ZS-1250 tube and am ready to switch out my old tube (EFR F2, Y88A-1026) but I notice the old tube has two wires and the new one only has one.

I have an 80 w Shenhui machine. I was wondering if I got the wrong tube for my machine?

Thanks,
    Meagan

Should have positive + at one end and negative terminal at the other. You may need to attach one or the other.

James Minick

"Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut with an axe"

100w CO2 Ruida
    50w Fiber BJJCZ
    34in Vinyl Cutter
    5 TIG/MIG/Stick/Gas Outfits
    50 Ton Press
    Robotic/IT Museum

Hi James,

Thanks for posting the schematic. Normally the tubes have a little glass nipple attachment point which is internally wired that you can attach to (like picture #1)
    Attachment 420439

The ZS-1250 has none. So where do I attach the new lead on the negative please?
    Pic 2.jpg

Meagan

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan Britz View Post
    Hi James,

Thanks for posting the schematic. Normally the tubes have a little glass nipple attachment point which is internally wired that you can attach to (like picture #1)
    Attachment 420439

The ZS-1250 has none. So where do I attach the new lead on the negative please?
    Pic 2.jpg

Meagan
    The ground line gets attached to the small screw that's on the metal collar, right under the water line.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Great! Thanks, that was the guess but I don't want to break my new toy. Should I solder it on? (my guess is yes)

I would use another method. Heat can cause your tube to shatter or create a weak spot.
    Use a terminal if possible.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, holiday here.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan Britz View Post
    Great! Thanks, that was the guess but I don't want to break my new toy. Should I solder it on? (my guess is yes)
    Certainly not! Unless you mean to solder a terminal onto the wire, than attach the terminal via that screw. That would be okay but crimping the terminal to the wire is the "right" way to do it. In a pinch, you could just wrap the wire around the screw and tighten it down but I would not leave it like that for long.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

If you must solder... Remove the screw, Fab a piece of wire with a GOOD connector, solder to the screw, replace the screw.

Hello All!

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving and are enjoying your long weekend! I miss the Turkey, stuffing and cranberry!

Thank you all so much for setting me straight! It is hugely appreciated. I will fit the thing today and should be back up and running. Good timing as I have orders waiting!