Thread: can anyone identify?

can anyone identify?

ive been looking for a cheap bandsaw...can anyone tell, by this pic , if this delta is worth $75?delta bandsaw.jpg

I hope it's already sitting in your shop. If it runs it's a steal. Lot's of parts are available for the old Deltas and their clones. It doesn't have the factory base but that will suffice. There are much more qualified people than I that should chime in soon but that seems like a great deal.

Im right there with Ron. If it runs it's worth $75 - and maybe even if it doesnt.
    He who hesitates is lost - go buy that thing!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Looks like an older made in USA Delta, if it's in good condition it would sell here for $400 to $500, at $75 it's a steal.

thanks guys, i hope to pick it up this evening

ok, managed to make the deal on the saw, got it and the enco drill press also...something that Im wondering, is this part supposed to be wood?delta bs2.jpg

Looks like the part you are pointing to is the rear blade guard. Material doesn't really matter it just prevents accidental contact with the blade. My Canadian made Rockwell has a metal guard, my Asian clone had a wooden guard, both work, no issue.

My old Milwalkee/Delta 14"'s guard in that location is wood. I believe it to be original

I'd have to build a nicer base, but that's just me.

Maybe back to back with the drill press.

Nice score.

You did well...i bought an old one like that for helping with tenons.Works very well...Good score!!!
    Jerry