Thread: quick question regarding Domino machines

quick question regarding Domino machines

Are the trim stop and cross stop interchangeable for both machines? That is, if I bought the 500 in a kit could I buy the 700 and use the accessories from the 500?

I bought a 500 a few weeks ago and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I want to make new railings for my stairs and have decided I "need" the larger machine for that.

I'd be really surprised if they were the same parts give that the two machines are designed differently. One would have to check the part numbers for the a-la-carté accessories to confirm that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Actually I believe they are the same. If you look online, there seems to be only one part number for the Trim Stop, Support Bracket, and the Hand Rail Fence. If you already own the set for the 500 you wouldn't need to buy the set for the 700. You should verify that with Festool (or a retailer like Woodcraft or ToolNut) but, if they were different, there would be 2 part numbers.

Randy is correct, the stops do seem to be the same for both...but verify with Festool or a Festool authorized reseller or in the Festool users group. That could save you a few shekels
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

thanks, all.