Thread: Mac Illustrator -----> Paralells Job Control ------> To Speedy 400.. how do you do it

Mac Illustrator -----> Paralells Job Control ------> To Speedy 400.. how do you do it

OK So long time Mac user, and illustrator user.

I have a MacBook Pro. It runs parallels. Job Control is in Parallels, I got it to speak with the laser, update the firmware etc.

I do not want to install illustrator on parallels, I have it on my MBP, and would love to keep it that way.

I cannot figure out how to import a file, into Job Control, from my MacBook illustrator. the file types JC looks for are "Plate files" and I cannot seem to just open up my lovely work I've done on the program I've used for 20 years...

Every thing I read is "Send the file from your graphics software to the laser via the print button in your graphics program..." Problem is I do not have a windows copy of illustrator, and would like to still work, and create in my MacBook Pro illustrator as I have done for years.... And because JC is actually not even onnn my MacBook Pro, I cant "Print" from illustrator.

Help? I don't know if its possible to save a file to my MacBook, and open it in JC on my "windows" parallel computer, where JC is.

What files formats can you import into JC?

Thanks in advance!

Job Control is basically a print driver so you have to print from whatever program you are using, that's not possible in your scenario.

Not familiar with macs but if you can get the file to the windows computer you can download a free program called Inkscape and can print from it.

Seems you could do the 'Chinese Hoop' thing here, where you design the entire job in Corel, then dump the Corel job into the Chinese 'job control' software...?

your version is essentially reversed:
    Design the job in AI, save it-- switch over to Corel, import it, send it to Job Control...

It's just two extra steps that take all of 5 or 10 seconds, and will become second nature quickly.

You may need to make some page size or other adjustments so that what you design in AI can be imported into Corel then directly sent to the laser with zero extra editing of any kind.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

You can print a pdf in JC.
    355 - 10400 : )