Hi!
Thanks again for the recent assistance in tuning my Grizzly G0555 band saw. I learned a lot and the tool is running great again.

As luck would have it, I think I may have stumbled upon a good deal, and am considering adding a second band saw to the shop.

My neighbor is that guy that always finds himself in the possession of tools, shop cabinets, parts etc. This time it was a freestanding Shopsmith 11" 505641 model that he has agreed to sell to me for $40. It's spotless, runs smoothly, and comes with about a dozen (seemingly still sharp) blades. I couldn't find any missing parts, and maybe just need to tune it up, perhaps replace the tires. Plus, I just need a dolly to move it from his house across the street to mine.

Questions:
1) Decent deal?

2) My quick research shows that these saws are pretty well-regarded by many... yes?

3) With the two band saws in a smallish shop like mine (about 20 x 20), do you have any recommendations on how I use them in my shop workflow? (first brainstorm was to set one up for light-duty re-sawing and straight cuts on thicker material, leaving the other for curve cuts... which for which?)

Thanks!

Bob R.