Thread: Not sure you consider these as signs

Not sure you consider these as signs

Not sure you consider these as signs but I am a new wood worker learning my $7,000 worth of tools or trying too. Since my Service dog passed away Aug. 22nd I decided to make these “signs” for pet owners/breeders to sell (hopefully) They are currently cut on scroll saw I am working on setting up a router table to learn to dress up the edges also looking for ideas templates to do different profiles instead of straight edged slabs of wood. I do know I need to design the gap between the two fonts larger. The first were done with cheap thin paneling I think. The for sale product will be 1/4 or 3/4 inch scroll sawed through, or cheaper price point text layered with two toned vinyl or painted using the vinyl as template. (Have a 12x24” capacity from a Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter, saving for laser engraver and full sized vinyl cutter.

also can these be cut on a CNC? I bought the Gatton CNC kit but not built yet as I need to save for components.02F97BC6-5DDA-42F8-AA0F-2F1449D28667.jpegEA72E572-E7F5-40AC-9D24-96108490A421.jpeg6D2D8B16-4E1C-42C5-BBB6-F0284786365A.jpg98117A8B-7E29-45C0-A5A2-13725840DBB0.jpg06AE146A-E073-448B-A3FF-1E66ABFADB3F.jpg

Based on what you show, yes, those can be created on a CNC including the surface texturing if you want to. Many of us do exactly that1
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The ones that are all white are actually cut all the way through the wood that is why I was wondering, I also thought of learning vcarve pro to do them as inlays. I have so much to learn but so little brains.

Thank you for the reply.

You can still do through cuts if you want, or do inlays or any number of other methods. With inlays you can use more than one method, too, not to mention contrasting materials if that's right for the job.

Do the Vectric training videos...start at the beginning and work through them. You will learn a lot and you can have the software on your computer and "do them" as you are working through the videos for first hand experience. That works with both the trial software and your own license, whichever is appropriate for you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...