Hi guys,

Has anyone used or does anyone own a Jessem TA Router Table fence? I am looking at building a router table and was going to make my own fence but saw the Jessem and somehow convinced myself it might be better to just get a nice solid, straight fence off the shelf - and their add-on mitre fence looks interesting as well.

I always thought I'd get an incra but the orientation doesn't work for my layout and I also want to be able to remove the fence quickly from the top so that the router table can serve as an outfeed for my table saw. I like the idea of micro-adjustment, which the TA doesn't have (but I might try to add something later if I feel I need it). I also can't see myself using the jointing / fence offset functionality of the TA fence, which seems to be a feature that adds a lot of expense to that fence so I feel that maybe I'm paying a lot more than I otherwise need to? I'll admit I don't really understand where jointing on the router table would be helpful if you already have a jointer and hand planes etc.

If anyone has experience with, or even seen this fence in person, or, failing that, just an opinion on it, I'd be keen to hear it.

Cheers, Dom