Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cordless leaf blower recommendations?

I have a corded Ryobi that I use almost exclusively for blowing out my dust collector filters a couple of times a year. My wife wanted a reasonably inexpensive, LIGHT cordless blower for yard and driveway cleanup (not bulk leaf removal) and I got her a Roybi RY 40460 40 volt model at HD. It seems powerful enough and the battery lasts as long as she needs it, and it's easy for her to handle.

I just bought the Ryobi 40 volt back pack blower. I've only used it once for maybe 5 minutes thus far. I stayed with Ryobi because I have their 40 volt push mower, string trimmer, and chain saw as well. I've been pleased with them so far. I didn't realize it until I was putting it up that the blower is set up for two batteries at once. The push mower stows a spare but this has contact for the battery to mate up with. I don't know if it makes a huge difference or not. It's rated at 145 MPH and 625 CFM. I've been pleased withntheir performance across the entire lineup. I don't need a chain saw often and a gas powered one would be more trouble than it's worth. With the cordless there is no issues with bad gas. It's ready to go whenever I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    If you like to collect huge piles of leaves with a blower you might be better off with gas, but your neighbors will be happier if you go battery. I used to live on a property with many trees. I tried a leaf blower and I had so many leaves it took hours. I switched to collecting with a mower with bag and it was faster.
    That is what I do each year. I will rake the heavy patches, mostly for the excercize, but also to keep the bags from filling in 2 minutes. Then I mow the rest. Works great.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

I have a little 20V Ryobi One+ for blowing out the garage (same batteries as my drills, trim saw, and string trimmer) and a 40V Greenworks for yard work (same batteries as lawnmower and hedge trimmer). The GW mower was about half the price of the E-Go and plenty good enough for my tiny back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    +1 to Dick's suggestion of the Ego. I also have their lawnmower and snowblower, and they're great. The "Teslas" of yard work
    And I still haven't figured out how Tesla let that "E-Go" trademark get away...just way too good a fit for their CEO and customer base.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.