Thread: Jessem TA Fence

Jessem TA Fence

Hi guys,

Has anyone used or does anyone own a Jessem TA Router Table fence? I am looking at building a router table and was going to make my own fence but saw the Jessem and somehow convinced myself it might be better to just get a nice solid, straight fence off the shelf - and their add-on mitre fence looks interesting as well.

I always thought I'd get an incra but the orientation doesn't work for my layout and I also want to be able to remove the fence quickly from the top so that the router table can serve as an outfeed for my table saw. I like the idea of micro-adjustment, which the TA doesn't have (but I might try to add something later if I feel I need it). I also can't see myself using the jointing / fence offset functionality of the TA fence, which seems to be a feature that adds a lot of expense to that fence so I feel that maybe I'm paying a lot more than I otherwise need to? I'll admit I don't really understand where jointing on the router table would be helpful if you already have a jointer and hand planes etc.

If anyone has experience with, or even seen this fence in person, or, failing that, just an opinion on it, I'd be keen to hear it.

Cheers, Dom

Hi Dom, I looked over on the JessEm site but couldn’t really find any good explanation on the features. You mentioned the incra. Have you considered using their system for both the TS and the router?

Edit; looks like you can get their master fence without the joining feature for over two hundred dollars less. I’m pretty sure most split face fences could be shimmed if you really felt the need to join on a RT. The trick is to keep them co-planer. Most likely a fiddlly operation
    Last edited by Steve Fish; 11-24-2019 at 6:14 AM.

Hi Steve,

I think the main features are that the fence is machined perfectly straight/flat and has a micro-adjustable outfeed fence to allow for jointing - which again, I'm not sure has much utility. It does look nice and robust and well made though.

No, I haven't considered using the Incra fence on TS/RT. I don't think I want to go that route tho - again from a space perspective and a dust collection one.

I guess with the Jessem I'd essentially be paying for a straight, robust fence without any 'special' features I'd be likely to use. Not sure if that is worth the price - which is he same as an Incra with wonderfence.

Cheers, Dom

Well, given the lack of opinion I guess not many have or have seen this fence. I put an order in for one, along with a Jessem lift, stock guides and motor this morning. In a few months when I get the chance to set up the router table I'll provide some feedback for others that may be considering this fence.

Cheers, Dom

I’m always interested in new tools, just ask my SO hehe. Please do post back on how you like the new set up. Seems you have some really nice stuff on order.