Thread: Looking for ideas for replacing or losing my Delta Unisaw extension table

Looking for ideas for replacing or losing my Delta Unisaw extension table

I have the beisemeyer 52 inch rail system with a 34 inch long 27 inch wide extension table made of hardwood frame, particle board top and laminate on top of that. This saw with mobile base and extension table was gifted to me. The extension table is bothering me because I have not been able to get it level with the cast iron wing and to top it off it sags in the middle. I actually have no plans to use it to full capacity. If I lose the table I would need shorter guide rails.

I am searching but cannot find a replacement table - I assume the cheapest thing to do is build a new table but would want to buy a table if I can find something more sturdy. Space is not an issue but the bottom line is I am ambivalent about the need for the extension table (rather can use an outfield table).

Can you recommend either replacement guide rail system or s better extension table? Thanks in advance.

The rails can be cut down, or new shorter ones fabricated from stock steel shapes. As for the extension table, look at building a new one with a piece of steel sandwiched between saw top and table. For out feed table, I would look at a "drop down" version, which drops down when not needed.

First decide if you want the extra capacity. Then decide to cut the rails down or make yourself own table. I have white melamine and hardwood edging with bracing below.

Tom the best extension tables I have ever had are with a biesmeyer fence rail because the sides can be screwed right through the rails. As for replacing the fence ,I would not. If you decide to cut it down,32'' is the sweet spot,this gives you enough room to cut past the center of sheet goods. I would just build my own extension table.

Hollow core door of the correct width.

Tom, do you have a router table? If not a table saw wing is a pretty good place. I used a piece of laminate kitchen counter top and made an opening for a router plate. I tried using the TS fence for the router but didn't care for it, I had to move the fence when I'd have preferred not to. A second fence that can be easily removed was pretty simple.

Hi Curt and others - I looked at the option of putting my Bench dog Pro Max table on to this T/S. I had it attached to another table saw. I bought a cabinet frame for it and never got around to attaching it but I need to move forward with that. I thought about attaching the table to the current saw but the guide rail holes do not match up with the router table. I could drill new holes but another thing that bothers me is where I would attach it there is already a wing there so I am not sure if attaching this heavy cast iron to a wing on the Unisaw would cause warpage of the wing and prevent a level surface across the wing and my router tabletop. I have not seen others attach it this way and the instructions call for removing a wing and attaching the router table directly t the saw. I guess a non cast iron table would be the answer but I want to put my cast iron table to use. Thanks for the ideas.

Right now I am leaning towards just building another frame with more frame members and maybe a strong plywood core.