Thread: Nightstand design

Nightstand design

Making a nightstand to go with this dresser. I have some left over 18" guides, but I am concerned about using them since it would make the nightstand deeper than normal. I would wind up with a night stand that has a square base and I am concerned about this look with this dresser. I am limited on the width of the unit. Welcome your input. Thanks. Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slides are cheap. Make the nightstand exactly the shape you like, and buy new slides to fit.

There are no hard and fast rules for sizes of night stands. Here are some I made for my daughter.
    heidinightstand.jpg
    Here is the matching dresser.
    hdresser.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA- '71
    Captain USN(Ret)

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, they are nice ! The back splash things are a little to gramma era for me. Love the wood in the chest, what is it ?
    hemlock? Larch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    There are no hard and fast rules for sizes of night stands. Here are some I made for my daughter.
    heidinightstand.jpg
    Here is the matching dresser.
    hdresser.jpg
    Nice work. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Lee, they are nice ! The back splash things are a little to gramma era for me. Love the wood in the chest, what is it ?
    hemlock? Larch?
    All of those pieces are made from Red Oak.

Thanks,Lee. I would never have guessed red oak, kinda reminds me of old heart pine.