Thread: Oneida remote

Oneida remote

I have a 3 hp Oneida dust control system with remote control. Unit is about five years old and I now have the replace the second remote Control switch relay kit($78.00). Anyone know if there are any after market kits available other than Oneida.

We've been using the PSI Long Ranger remotes with good results
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nix View Post
    I have a 3 hp Oneida dust control system with remote control. Unit is about five years old and I now have the replace the second remote Control switch relay kit($78.00). Anyone know if there are any after market kits available other than Oneida.
    I'm in pretty much the same boat. It looks like the commercial grade Long Ranger from PSI is more expensive than the kit from Oneida. I wish Oneida would offer a more reliable switch.

I can't remember..... I do have the Lone Ranger set up, and I think I got it from Penn State. I don't think Oneida had one when I got my 3 hp unit, maybe 17 years ago. I do have 2 of the remotes. The one in the flat work area floats around. The one in the turning area is on a clip on the wall. Lost one in the shavings once...

robo hippy

I had to go with a contactor for 220V and used a 110V remote outlet to power the contactor. I had some interference from the frequency/speed control on Powermatic 3520B lathe causing the 220 remote from Oneida to come on by itself. Just the last couple of weeks, the 110 remote stopped working and I bought 3 remote controlled outlets with 3 channel control from Amazon and it has worked even better than earlier. I found a use for the other 110V outlets for hard to reach fans, and almost wish I bought the 6 unit offered by Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nix View Post
    I have had the same issue with my Oneida 3 HP Smart Pro. I will be interested in learning more about other solutions since I'm guessing the Oneida will fail again.