Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festool gag gift?

Festool gag gift?

Looking for ideas for a gag gift for my niece's husband-- a superb carpenter and great guy with, let's say, a Festool problem. (like he owns at least one of each, his shop looks like the factory display at a trade show)

I thought about taping a battery pack to a hammer, painting it green, packing it in a systainer, and prominently displaying the $800 price tag, for example. But then they probably already sell one of those.

I'd be really happy to have more/better ideas (the family could team up for a whole series of related presents).

Electric can opener in green? The small 'bullet' blenders? Electric carving knife? (Or nearly any small kitchen appliance.) The Germans are branching out and he is the Beta-test recipient.

Has he got their multi-tool? If so, make some small disks (washers or section a dowel pin) with the approximate same hole pattern to mount to the multi-tool. Then go wild and attach a disk to: toothbrush, knife, fork, spoon, fly-swatter, folding 'hand-fan', or butcher's steel (...for their latest sharpening system!!), other ....?

Maybe just blades for electric carving knife with a multi-tool disk to 'drive' them?

Price accordingly.

Be sure to screen grab the logo and print a few labels to dress up the whole product line....but let's not infringe!

Adders: A whisk for the Domino? Toilet bowl brush? Attach the blade root from a Carvex blade to small items...?

BTW - you're EVIL!
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 11-19-2019 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Edits :: OK, I'm evil too.

The toilet bowl brush is a definite go! Great ideas here, thanks.

Perhaps a few packages of green Koolaid. If he has a Kapex, a canning jar labeled "Magic Smoke Replacement" typed in the Orbitron font. All in a mini systainer.
    Dick Mahany.

When you need a paper cut-
    You need a paper knife-
    FPC.jpg
    Only $59.99 for a set of 3
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Paint a rock bright green, put it in a little box and tell him it's a festool pet rock.

Or dye a hardboiled egg green and tell him it will hatch into a new festool.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Maybe paint one of these green:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...ley-story-tape

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

8. Go with the hammer, but get a box of nails and put a festool sticker on those and price them accordingly, because, of course, they are proprietary nails.

Golden Hammer Award

A Golden Hammer Award: Several years ago I painted a badly-broken framing hammer gold, attached it to a piece of plywood and nailed molding around it for a frame. I made up an apprpriate label and glued it to the plywood. The circumstances were different - the recipient had very limited experience and tools but had done something really well. He and I were both proud of his Golden Hammer. You could do something like that.

Instead of giving him something totally useless and valueless, try a little harder and get him something he will use and appreciate.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Paint some vacuum hose Festol green and use it as a garland. Or a sash for his wife/girlfriend. Or his wife(not You!) could make a green sash that says Festool Queen or Miss Festool, and wear only that one evening.
    Bill D.

German beer died green, German sausage died green, green lederhosen for the shop.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    Instead of giving him something totally useless and valueless, try a little harder and get him something he will use and appreciate.
    A lot of people who are friends and family truly enjoy so-called "gag gifts" and there can be no assumption that other gifts of more substance are not also in the offing...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

14. Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    In my family these are often the only gifts we give, and everyone prefers it that way. The reality is we all have enough money to buy most of the things we want when we want them, so having a laugh around the tree is what we cherish. Every family is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    A lot of people who are friends and family truly enjoy so-called "gag gifts" and there can be no assumption that other gifts of more substance are not also in the offing...
    exactly. (plus some characters to make my reply long enough)